I'm back, so many updates!

Where I went, why I was offline, and now I'm back.


Greetings! If this is your first time to my blog, please read "Welcome to the Crypt".
https://theporcelainvampirespeaks.blogspot.com/2019/04/welcome-to-crypt.html
No I am not a roleplayer, no I do not need to be told "the difference between vampires and porphyria", and yes, I do actually have Erythropoietic Protoporphyria. Any comments that are derogatory will not make it live on my blog. Please be respectful when commenting. I encourage debate and reasonable questions. I love answering questions!

Now, to the nitty gritty.

     I was offline due to no internet, selling my house and moving into an apartment. I was not able to care for the outdoor portion of my house due to no longer having a roommate. He abruptly decided to leave all in one night. Aside from personal details which I won't share here and personal friends know all the details, I had to think quickly and come up with a plan for the future. I decided to sell my house. It was a bittersweet goodbye to the place I called home for the last 6 years. Until the house sold, I had to make other plans. Thankfully, I found an apartment rather quickly! A nice roomy townhouse that allowed pets on the other side of the city.

Fast forward!

     I am now cozy and happy in my new place. It's nice and shady, there's no worry about sun pouring in all day, and I can actually leave my curtains open. (Which is so nice!) I no longer feel like I'm trapped in a prison during the day. I don't live too far from a bus route, so I can leave whenever I want without taking a cab into the city. My daughter, who is now 18 yrs old, is also quite happy about this. She's inherited porphyria, and her freedom is very important to her as well.

     Don't be a victim, be a warrior. Remember how strong you really are! Don't let devastating events rule your life and crush you. You may want to crumble to the ground and give up, but that is when you should take a long deep breath and focus on that next step, and the step after that, until you are standing tall again, in charge of your own life. It's about moving forward even when you don't want to. After all, small steps going forward are better than none. You have to make yourself reach, even knowing you don't have a net. It can be scary as hell, but not as scary as the alternative if you don't take action.

     All in all, I have prevailed regardless of the odds stacked against me brought on by a selfish persons actions. My family raised survivors. I made a couple of phone calls and got the ball rolling on a few different things, planning my future! Remember, just because they leave, does not mean your life falls apart. Your sense of worth and ability to live does NOT depend on someone else.


I personally have had to deal with a high level of anxiety and stress in these last 3 months that I've never had to deal with before. I have not had thoughts of suicide, but I know others have when dealing with those types of events. I have included some links for those who may battle with anxiety, depression, and suicide.

Suicide Prevention Lifeline
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Anxiety and Depression Association of America
https://adaa.org/tips

Grief: Coping with the loss of a loved one (American Psychology Association)
https://www.apa.org/helpcenter/grief

Manage your stress (American Psychology Association)
https://www.apa.org/helpcenter/manage-stress

PTSD Alliance: help and counseling
http://www.ptsdalliance.org/help/

Comments